Bibliotherapy Book Pick--The Cat Who Went to Heaven

Literature can touch the most seemingly unreachable of children. Gentle stories and pictures are like balm for at-risk, emotionally impaired or hurting kids. I have always been an avid reader. As a child, I was most at home in a library. I especially liked books about cats. When I was 8, I discovered Elizabeth Coatsworth's classic "The Cat Who Went to Heaven." It's a simple tale, set in Japan. Its woodcut illustrations were, to me, charming, exotic and evocative. The story tells of a little cat, Good Fortune, so named because she has lucky markings and because she brings happiness to a poor painter.  Childrens Literature Book Pick--The Cat Who Went to Heaven

Search This Blog

Follow by Email

About Me

My photo

Freelance writer, Top 100 Yahoo! Voices, Yahoo! News, Shine, Michigan, Detroit), blogger, teacher, mom of 4, happily married 25 years. Graduated GVSU 1986, psychology/general education and special education. continuing ed up to present. Certified MI teacher. Writing Michigan history mystery, children's Gothic fantasy. Areas of expertise: education, relationships, mental health, nutrition, history, world cultures. Passions: faith, Catholic church, sustainable living, interfaith initiatives, living simply that others might simply live. Working on MA in EI education. 

Join me at Teachers Pay Teachers

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive