Bibliotherapy Book Pick--The Cat Who Went to Heaven

Literature can touch the most seemingly unreachable of children. Gentle stories and pictures are like balm for at-risk, emotionally impaired or hurting kids. I have always been an avid reader. As a child, I was most at home in a library. I especially liked books about cats. When I was 8, I discovered Elizabeth Coatsworth's classic "The Cat Who Went to Heaven." It's a simple tale, set in Japan. Its woodcut illustrations were, to me, charming, exotic and evocative. The story tells of a little cat, Good Fortune, so named because she has lucky markings and because she brings happiness to a poor painter.  Childrens Literature Book Pick--The Cat Who Went to Heaven

Search This Blog

Join me at Teachers Pay Teachers

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive